HSC 8.1 - the latest version of the world's most popular thermodynamic calculation software - boasts 18 completely redesigned modules, two new modules, an updated database containing more than 28,000 compounds, and numerous other new features.
HSC 8.1 also introduces significant improvements to the user interface and reporting quality, as well as support for 64-bit Windows 7 and 8 operating systems. The software has been rewritten using the latest Microsoft .NET 4.5 environment, which enables seamless interaction between all modules, and harmonization of formats, settings, and other user-defined functions.
Outotec's Chemical Reaction and Equilibrium Software HSC Chemistry is the world's favorite thermochemical software with a versatile flowsheet simulation module. HSC is designed for various kinds of chemical reactions and equilibria calculations as well as process simulation.
HSC Chemistry offers powerful calculation methods for studying the effects of different variables on a chemical system at equilibrium. For example, if the user gives the raw materials, amounts and other conditions of almost any chemical process, the program will give the amounts of the product as a result. HSC also makes heat and material balance calculations of different processes much more easily than any manual method. The Eh-pH-diagrams option also offers a very fast way of studying the dissolution and corrosion behavior of different materials.
About the software
The name of the program is based on the fact that calculation modules automatically utilize the same extensive thermochemical database which contains enthalpy (H) , entropy (S) and heat capacity (Cp) data for more than 28 000 chemical species. This database is equivalent to more than twenty thick data books.
The current HSC version 8.0 contains 24 calculation modules:
1. Sim – Process simulation
2. LCA Evaluation
3. Mass Balance
4. Reaction Equations
5. Heat and Material Balances
6. Heat Loss Calculator
7. Equilibrium Calculations
8. Exergy Balance
9. Eh-pH Diagrams – Pourbaix
10. H, S, Cp and Ellingham Diagrams
11. Tpp Diagrams – Stability diagrams
12. Lpp Diagrams – Stability diagrams
13. Water – Steam tables, etc.
14. H, S, Cp Estimates
15. Benson Estimation
16. Species Converter
17. Periodic Chart – Elements
18. Measure Units
19. HSC AddIn Functions
21. Geo – Mineralogical calculations
22. Map – GPS material stock (HSC7)
23. Fit – Numerical Data fit (HSC7)
24. Data – Statistical analysis (HSC7)
HSC also contains:
1. H, S and Cp Thermochemical Database
2. Water Steam/Fluid Database
3. Heat Conduction Database
4. Heat Convection Database
5. Surface Radiation Database
6. Gas Radiation Calculator
7. Particle Radiation Calculator
8. Elements Database
9. Measure Units Database
10. Minerals Database with 3581 minerals
11. Aqueous Solution Density Database
12. The Pitzer parameter database
|hsc8_c||HSC Chemistry 8.0 download 1 user license||2283 USD|
|hsc8_c_ug7_6||HSC Chemistry 8.0 download 1 user license (upgrade from version 7 or 6)||1598 USD|
|hsc8_e||HSC Chemistry 8.0 download 2 user license||1698 USD|
|hsc8_e_ug7_6||HSC Chemistry 8.0 download 2 user license (upgrade from version 7 or 6)||1188 USD|
* 2 computers for the price of 1, Special offer for qualifying institutes, Software is identical to commerical product