Version 7.1 Now out!
SC 7.1 contains mainly small fixes to the HSC 7.0, but also some new features have been added. The most important improvements are the more robust Sim flowsheet and Equilibrium modules. HSC 7.1 is a free upgrade for the registered HSC 7.0 customers.
Read about the changes in V7.1 here
The world's favorite Thermochemical Calculation software just got better!
HSC 7 contains 22 calculation modules and 12 databases. The name of the program is based on the fact that calculation modules automatically utilize the same extensive thermochemical database which contains enthalpy (H), entropy (S) and heat capacity (Cp) data for more than 25 000 chemical compounds.
Download the full species list here
Computations are completely menu-driven, with on-line help immediately available by pressing the Help button. The help dialog provides brief instructions, examples, and theoretical considerations to aid in the interpretation of results, which are presented as tables, pictures and diagrams.
As an HSC user, you can test an idea easily on the computer, before getting involved in any expensive and time consuming laboratory or industrial-scale experiment. The results of HSC will show, for example, the effect of temperature or raw material amount on the compositions of products and by-products.
HSC Chemistry helps to avoid expensive trial-and-error chemistry, allowing the chemist or engineer to set up optimal reaction conditions for his experimental investigations. The payback time for HSC is extremely short, as even one needless laboratory experiment can cost more than a whole HSC package.
With HSC Chemistry it is possible to calculate chemical equilibria between pure substances and the ideal and also, to some extent, non-ideal solutions. For these calculations only enthalpy (H), entropy (S) and heat capacity (Cp) data for all prevailing compounds or pure substances is needed. In many cases these calculation results may simulate the real chemical reactions and processes with sufficient accuracy for practical applications.
What's New in HSC 7
New HSC Chemistry® 7.0 Outotec’s innovative process calculation software contains a updated flowsheet simulation module and a thermochemical database expanded to over 25,000 species.
With 22 calculation modules and 12 databases at your fingertips, HSC 7 is an invaluable tool for any process engineer or scientist because one laboratory experiment may cost much more than a single HSC license. All the modules and databases are included as standard.
What is new in version 7.0 (pdf 3mb)
Summary of the new Features
1. Flowsheet Module
- Four different modes (Particles, Reaction, Distribution and Experimental), new Table object,
new Page and Layer properties, more robust controls, new Excel Wizards, Mass Balancing
and Data Reconciliation routine
2. New Unit Icon Library with 515 Icons
- The unit process icon database was made in cooperation with industrial designers and
process engineers. These may be used to visualize process flowsheets.
3. New Add-In Functions
- StreamSM, StreamGM, StreamEQA, StreamXArray, RecoveryXArray, ProgenyStream,
ComminutionProductPSD, CubicSpline, ERF.
4. Updated Balance Module
- Automatic entropy (T * S) and Gibbs energy (G) balance calculations were added.
5. Updated Equilibrium Module
- A more robust Gibbs Energy Minimization routine.
6. Updated MW Module with new H, S and Cp Estimates
- Even the original H, S and Cp data sources may contain errors and typos, so the new
estimation routine may be used to identify these errors.
7. New Aqueous Solution Property Estimator
- This module estimates non-ideal electrolyte solution properties like activity coefficients and
enthalpies. These may be used in Equilibrium module or in process models.
8. Updated H, S and Cp Database
- More than 4000 new species were added and data of 4700 species were updated. The total
number of species is now more than 25000.
9. Updated Mineralogical Database
- The number of minerals has been increased from 3581 to 13346 minerals.
10. Updated Help Module
- The new Help module is more robust and has access to unit model help files.
11. Windows Vista, Vista 64 and Windows 7 Support
What is new in version 7.0 (pdf 3mb)
|hsc7_c||HSC Chemistry 7.1 1 computer||1695 USD|
|hsc7_c_ug6||HSC Chemistry 7.1 upgrade from version 6.x||999 USD|
|hsc7_c_ug5||HSC Chemistry 7.1 upgrade from version 5 or earlier||1460 USD|
|hsc7_e||HSC Chemistry 7.1 (2 computers*)||1695 USD|
|hsc7_e_ug6||HSC Chemistry 7.1 upgrade from version 6.x (2 computers*)||999 USD|
|hsc7_e_ug5||HSC Chemistry 7.1 upgrade from version 5 or earlier (2 computers*)||1460 USD|
* 2 computers for the price of 1, Special offer for qualifying institutes, Software is identical to commerical product